Thursday, August 27, 2009

Shell Love This Bed! She'll Love This Bed!

Check out this glamorous white room from an old foreign film made back in 1960 with Liselotte Pulver (1929 - living) called "Das Glas Wasser" or "A Glass of Water." Wait till you see the shell bed! It shows up around 1:30 on the video clip.



I think the movie is in German... Apparently Liselotte is Swiss, but she speaks German. I have no idea what she is singing about, but she seems rather upset by the end of this clip. Who is that masked man in a cape she's having visions of in the mirror? Oh look... there's a white vanity between the two tall windows. Don't miss her funny puppy dog on the pillow! Some guy enters the room at the end... maybe he will bring her "A Glass of Water" and they will live happily ever after?

Great... now I'm looking up shells and shell beds when I should be goin to bed myself! Does this happen to you too? Thank goodness I'm not the only one! Must be something in the August air as it seems Jennifer at The Peak of Chic did the same thing! The Peak of Chic is one of my favorite blogs! Check out her post on Rococo Revery about some fabulous things created in the shape of a shell... some hand towels with shell motifs and chairs and sconces in the shape of shells, and even another shell bed!

I'm curious to know more about the movie, "Das Glas Wasser" and how the glamorous movie star ended up in the giant clam shell of a bed! Well, no matter how she got there... I'm sure she'll love this bed!

1 comment:

Irene Palfy said...

Hi!

In this film Liselotte Pulver "is" Queen Anne of Great Britain (1665-1714). In this song she is complaining that she isn't allowed to fall in love - or do what she want's at all, just because she is Queen. "...a marionette - but no woman..."

The man in the mirror is just an unspecific "lover" she is dreaming of.

And: I love this white room - and the bed! ;")