Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cafe del Mar Music Video

I just wanted to wish everyone a very relaxing and inspiring weekend.

This video is from Cafe del Mar: Gymnopedie with music by the French composer, Erik Satie (1866 - 1825). This video has been out for a while but I just discovered it. The music is so soothing and beautiful and I think the story is just magical! I found this version on Daily Motion.com courtesy chatbleu1.


Erik Satie, who's full name is Alfred Éric Leslie Satie (1866 – 1925) was a French composer, pianist, and writer. Dating from his first composition in 1884, he signed his name as Erik Satie, as he said he preferred it. He wrote articles for several periodicals and, although in later life he prided himself on always publishing his work under his own name, there appears to have been a brief period in the late 1880s during which he published articles under the pseudonym, Virginie Lebeau. The two pictures below are of him.

Here is the same video on You Tube from cafedelmar: Café del Mar Classic: Gymnopedie by Erik Satie. They disabled the embedding so I could only post the link.

Cafedelmar says the video was "made up in 3D, this beautiful video represents the Café del Mar Sunset Bar essence. The music is "Gymnopedie Nº 1" composed by Erik Satie and comes from his Trois Gymnopedies. It is also on the first album of the Café del Mar Classic collection.

"The 3D video clip was produced by “Render Area” and directed by Javier Bollaín. The leading character is confronted with four tests based on decorative items of Café del Mar which gradually reveal the Sunset as they are solved."

I'm not sure if there is partial nudity in this or not. It's all computer generated graphics but I just thought I would say. I cannot figure out what the female character is wearing... or not.

This video makes me think about a few things. I absolutely love antiques and old chateaus and villas, and treasures from long ago... despite all the modern decor you see so far on my blog. I often wonder what it would be like to live way back then... and hearing this kind of music just transports me back in time and helps paint the picture of times gone by. I would love to learn how to play this on the piano too.

The video also makes me think about our actions and how each move we make can make other things happen... like a chain reaction. We must take care with the moves we make and the steps we take in life in order to make our dreams come true. What steps are you taking to create the place you want to live in? I hope it is lovely!



No comments: