Just some pretty pictures for today.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
There are so many beautiful interior design blogs with posts about bedrooms, like those over at Claudia's blog, The Paris Apartment in One of a Kind Love Affair, To Sleep, Perchance to Dream, and The Art of the Unmade Bed, and over at Trouvais in her post More Bella Notte.
I had to join in the fun and share some pretty bedrooms I found too,
but with a twist... ones with beds that look like tents, and those with canopies and a cozy nook to curl up with a good book.
I hope they are inspiring and peaceful. Sweet Dreams!
Photo Credits in Progress:
1. Looking thru the Canopy via Dress Up Her Bones
2. Tea Under the Canopy
via Live for the moments that you can't put into words
3. Canopy Bed via Shimmer Like Gold
4. Winter Whites via This Is Glamorous
5. Canopy Flowers by Photographer Denise Grunstein via Cameralink
6. Purple Tent via
7. Sonyas Secret Garden via Our Awesome Planet on Flickr
8. Photo via Shimmer Like Gold, A Lovely Little Cottage
Originally from via The New York Times Home & Garden Section
9. Same as 8
10. Canopy Bed via Of Delicate Beauty on Sporadic Beauty
13. La Madone Paris via Goodnight Love on Pinterest
About 16... Canopy
(Discovered on We Heart It, original page no longer found)
4th from Last... Canopy Bed via Blessed Wild Apple Girl on Tumblr
3rd to Last...
2nd to Last... Tents via Shimmer Like Gold
Last... Outdoor Canopy at Night via Mansion on Tumblr
I'm watching one of my favorite movies, "The Holiday"
and dreaming of pretty cottages with cozy rooms.
Some of the cutest scenes from the movie are with the little girls,
Sophie and Olivia, when they want to show Amanda their room:
"Guess what? We have a tent in our playroom. Do you want to see it?"
"This is an exceptionally great room!"
"Come inside! Lay down... lay down. It's cozy."
"We did, the three Musketeers."
Next post, I'll share some more "seriously cool" rooms!
Pretty pics via Hooked on Houses
Monday, February 7, 2011
The wintery cold feeling of silver and gray
can be warmed up with rose and burgundy
in hopes you will have a very pretty day.
Hermes Purse and Shoes via Dusty Sequin on Tumblr
Roses in Crystal Vase on Mirrored Vanity via Dusty Sequin on Tumblr
Friday, February 4, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Just sharing some pretty snowy winter wonderland pictures.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Photo credits on the way...
2. Red Cabin in Snowy Woods
3. Winter Cabin and Waterfall
4. Schloss Burgsteinfurt Winter Wallpaper
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
When I was young I couldn't wait for my life
to hurry up and happen so I could get there,
where ever it was I thought I wanted to be.
At some point, all of that changed.
I don't remember when it happened,
but now I wish life would slow down.
Time seems to slip by out of my grasp
and I long for a meaningful stroll
instead of just strolling along.
Inspiration for my post came about after reading
Pamela's blog is so beautiful and well written...
one I simply can't live without.
Thank you Pamela for inspiring us every day.
1. Paris Gardens ~ Vue de Marly, Mongin, c 1800
France in the Age of Les Miserables
2. Moonlight Promenade Painting by John Seerey-Lester
3. Strolling Couple under Blue Green Trees
via I Wear Shirts as Dresses ~ Doreese on Tumblr
4. Starduste via Artemislives on We Heart It
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Photo Credits in Progress:
2. Impressive Crystal Chandelier from Water Pressure
3. Fabian Chandelier by Chandi
via Maison Classique
4. Love While You Live
5. Chandelier ~ Martha Stewart Holidays
7. Chandelier on Table
via Sunset in Paris on Tumblr
8. Chandelier at Capwl-y-Graig in Wales
via Namino on Flickr
10. Chandelier via Alice Baby on Tumblr
12. Ship Chandelier
via We Love India